Thursday, September 1, 2011

Red State available via VOD today

Kevin Smith's controversial RED STATE is available everywhere today (September 1st) via sites like iTunes, YouTube, Vudu, Amazon, Blockbuster and Best Buy's Cinema Now.

 This is an interesting distribution model for a film by such a popular director and with Academy Award Winner Melissa Leo (The Fighter) and John Goodman (Rosanne) starring.

 I heard Smith had some trouble with theatrical distribution and did a small tour with the film leading up to this release.  I've heard great things but I think it's just not a conventional film for the theatrical model and I understand why Smith went this rout.

 If it does well enough, it might show the studio system and the theater's that bend to their every whim that people will watch a film regardless of how violent or off color it is.

Let me know your thoughts on this.

Go to the Official Red State website!



No comments:

Post a Comment